New York is home to many different types of creatives and has been over the decades home to some of the most daring and different artists, but somehow when we think of the quintessentially modern of-the-moment New York artist, Jamie Beck comes to mind. Somewhere between her glamorous fashion-plate exterior and yet deeply warm style, you find a photographer with a keen eye for the now. As one of the most in demand photographers for fashion, beauty, and lifestyle brands Jamie is constantly in motion as one half of Ann Street Studio. She works with lovely husband Kevin with whom she invented the digital format cinemagraph which is “more than a photo but not quite a video” but always deeply moving. In this edition of #NotRoutine we learn how Jamie’s days unfold.
1. Hardest part of your day? Working out
2. Best part of your day? Dinnertime! It’s literally what I look forward to most all day.
3. The one item you without which your day is in shambles (or at least more challenging) Honestly, my AERIN lip balm. Otherwise I’m OBSESSED with facial sprays. This botanical mist by May Lindstrom smells like walking in Monet’s garden and makes your skin glow!
4. What is the most consistent part of your daily routine? Coffee first thing and as quickly as possible and if I’m up early enough, in bed.
5. What is the least consistent part of your daily routine? What time my work day starts.
MULTIPLE CHOICE SECTION
Evening Person (x)– Caveat this is tough because I go through stages!)Right now I’m into the nights but it always changes as I love the peace, quiet and morning light of summer.
I do my makeup with a couple products first thing in the morning
I touch up as needed throughout the day
I swipe right…I mean just a little lipstick & mascara (x)
Makeup is for special occasions
I’m all about that spin class life (x)
Live to run, run to live right?(x)
Namaste, my yoga practice centers me(x)
I’m More into Couch Surfing
I’ve got Seamless/Cavier/Instacart As My Most Used App
I’m Hitting Up The Whole Foods Prepared Foods Section
Naturally I Cook Something Simple & Wholesome Every Night (x)
I’m Trying Out This New Place I Read About On Some Food Blog (x)
Everything In My Life Is Prepackaged
I have a seasonal capsule wardrobe I rotate
Remember that girl who has one outfit? Yeah, I’m into that
Whatever is clean
I plan my outfits for the week on Sundays
None of the above. I literally dress each day specific to that mood which changes constantly as does my what’s in my closet!